SAR ViewPoint is a highly interactive aeronautical chart
tailored for search and rescue needs. For search base use, SAR ViewPoint
contains the Crash Locator database for all 48 conterminous states. The
crashes are overlaid on the computerized chart and can be seen in reference
to 15 minute National SAR Grids and other aeronautical features. Create
your own database of points that can be displayed and commented. For search
base and DF teams, SAR ViewPoint allows you to draw lines on the chart
(given coordinate and bearing information) for triangulation purposes.
These are just a few of the key features, here are some more:
- Access Information on any Airport, Navaid, Fix,
Airway, Special Use Airspace--simply point and click to get a battery of
information for just about anything displayed on the chart. Databases take
about 4 MB of disk space.
- NTAP points--Display NTAP points with automatic connecting lines.
Shows vertical and horizontal speeds.
- User Definable Waypoints--create and edit your
own set of critical coordinates. These waypoints can be zoomed-to, displayed, exported,
or imported to/from a file, searched, color coded, commented, and tested for proximity
to a point. Store points for: DF units, repeater sites, radio stations, hospitals, heleports,
harbors, and any other location.
- Proximity Search--searches for nearby items: user
defined points, airports, navaids, fixes or user waypoints. Make strict
rules on what you want to search for; for example, you may want to find
the nearest airport with fuel and IFR capabilities.
- Electronic Ruler--Get the distance and bearing
between any two locations on the chart.
- Coordinate Caclulator(tm)--makes a breeze out of
calculating the wind triangle, fuel consumption, time, and more.
- Single track NTAP database--display, print, import
and export NTAP data. Also calculates vert. & horz. speeds and predicts
- On-line Help--need assistance, just use the hypertext
style help. You won't need the manual for anything but for initially setting-up
- Flexible Zooming--display any coordinate, named
location or Air Force grid number. Want to see a specific airport--just
press 'Z' , enter the airport identifier and press [Enter].
- Crash Locator Database--display information about
crashes in the AFRCC database.
- Position by Triangulation--determine the point (or triangle)
of intersection from multiple bearings read by DF teams. SAR ViewPoint
lets you draw any number of lines based on position and a bearing. These
lines can be created directly on the chart, or by using the Coordinate
- Chart Printout--print chart at scale (can be overlayed
on sectional or other maps). Supported most MS Window supported printers.
Airways' Home Page